Thanks to Zite, Twitter and Facebook, I come across a bunch of good reading every week, more than I can share on Twitter and far more than I can riff about here. But how to get the word out about these pieces?
So I’m going to try something new, something along the lines of what Jon DeNunzio does with his three clicks, but on a weekly basis, not daily, as Jon’s is. I’ll collect the links I saved to Instapaper and explain why they might be worth your time.
This big news at work this past week was the announcement that Post Executive Editor Marcus Brauchli would leave the newsroom at year’s end, replaced by Martin Baron of the Boston Globe. Here are a few articles about Brauchli and Baron:
- Mr. Baron Goes to Washington, by Peter Kadzis, ThePhoenix.com
- A Rocket’s Trajectory, by Scott Sherman, cjr.org
- Post Apocalypse, Gabriel Sherman, The New Republic
- Marty Baron warns press against fear and timidity, by Dan Kennedy, Media Nation
- Post’s troubles are a business problem, not an editorial one, by Ryan Chittum, cjr.org